Jodhpur Royal Dining, a gateway to nostalgic fine dining Indian restaurant, located in the heart of the city, at the distinctive Al Murooj Rotana Hotel, Dubai.
With the food and beverage industry constantly on the rise in Dubai and many Indian restaurants have reformed contemporary gourmet skills and introduced molecular gastronomical experiences – to stand out among others. The options are just seamless from food to entertainment to lifestyle.
Executive Chef Pradeep Khullar at Jodhpur recreated some of India’s beloved dishes with multiple textures, flavors, zests & aromas in the most lucid and ingenious way. We were invited to an exclusive tasting with Chef Pradeep Khullar at Jodhpur. Let us take you down to a reminiscing culinary journey.
Chef Khullar said, “At Jodhpur, My recipes are inspired by some of the delicious dishes I have grown up eating and I have given them my own twist by adding some universal textures and ingredients.” With over 11 years of experience, he has a proven trail of making great food that will entice diners and leave them wanting more with his unusual use of contemporary ingredients to recreate classical Indian flavors. He makes sure that his food hits all the right memorable notes and leaves his guests with a sense of astonishment and lasting impression.
The food aims to inspire diners to go beyond the fad of molecular gastronomy and revel in the glorious taste of the Indian cuisine classics of bygone days, and all with an original and creative twist!
Our Culinary Journey began from two exquisite palatable PRE-STARTERS
- Jeera Khari with Herb Yoghurt. An Indian puff dredged with caraway seeds & served with herb yoghurt topped with Pink peppercorns. Khari were perfectly crisp and flaky and it can be enjoyed with spread of herb yoghurt.
- AMUSE-BOUCHE – Macaroon Chaat. A glimpse into the chef’s approach to the art of cuisine. Amuse Bouche is one of their popular ‘Macaroon Chaat’. A French-inspired Macaroon stuffed with tangy filling & served as chaat. An amalgamation of sweet, sour, crunchy and chewy. Chef Pradeep Khullar gives macaroons an Indian touch. This cream filled macaroon will definitely tantilize your taste buds & invigorate your palate❣
Next, we moved on to the delectable array of Starters.
- Beef Short Ribs, Aam Papad Glaze – Executive Chef Pradeep Khullar recreates some of India’s beloved dishes with multiple textures and the layering of flavours in the most coherent and clever way. Like this Fried Short Beef Ribs that have been sous vide for 8 hours and then tossed in reduction with Aam Pappad, Tamarind pulp & Chilli paste. These insanely crunchy short ribs are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
- Chicken & Chestnut Kulcha – A sweet and spicy Indian dish. A mixture of Chicken Tikka & Water Chestnuts stuffed in dough made of refined flour & cooked in tandoor. Served with Laban topped with Sweet peppercorns.
- Laban & Ricotta Kebab, Rose Ash – Crispy fried mélange of Hung Curd & Ricotta, coated with Rose Ash. Served cold from the center to allow a contrast in the dish. Perhaps the world’s first kebab served cold from inside.
- Desi Pesto Kabab, Raisin Malai, Popcorn Chutney – was prepared from Coriander, Green Chillies & Basil pesto galette stuffed with Raisins & Cream Cheese. This was grilled & topped up with chutney made from Popcorns.
Then came the PALATE CLEANSER to our rescue, which included Mango, Cranberry, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Lemon Juice & Sugar. Luscious Sorbet to clean your palate so that you get ready for main course, made with fresh mango puree spiked with kaffir lime leaves & dehydrated cranberries giving a fresh tinge all over.
Jodhpur pays a fitting homage with a very fresh take on the classic Indian dining experience, with dishes such as the faux Dal Makhani, which is made with the split green gram instead of the usual black lentils. On the other end of the spectrum you have the Keema ‘Pygmy’ Pao, Masala Hari Mirch, Murgh Maska, a spicy yet flavorful classical dish.
Murgh Maska, Roasted Chicken, Butter Gravy – Classic butter chicken simmered in tomatoes based gravy laced with butter & cream.
Keema ‘Pygmy’ Pao, Masala Hari Mirch – Green Chillies spiked Lamb mince dices cooked in onion tomatoes masala with coconut as the base, topped with paper-thin red radishes & garam masala butter. Served with miniature Paos. The meat was tender and the whole dish was very flavorful.
Faux Dal Makhni – Moong Dal replaced Black Urad here & processed exactly the same way Dal makhni is made so that the taste is not compromised & diner doesn’t feel bloated after eating.
Chur-Chur Kulcha – Crisp Kulcha stuffed with cottage cheese, onions, chilies & cumin seeds cooked in tandoor & crushed with hands so that you can’t count how much are you eating & since it is crisp so you keep eating till you are full, not that it would matter because it’s too delicious not to indulge in. There was also a side of ‘Chicken Biryani’ which adds a rice option and had a lovely aroma of cardamom.
A theoretical flair of our Molecular Mocktails. A striking refreshing mango and passionfruit mocktail with a hint of chilli & lime and berries mocktail.
- Lotus Treacle Tart, Salted Butter Scotch Ice Cream – LOT-US take a minute and appreciate this beauty. Lotus-dessert concoctions are quite possibly the tastiest creations EVER. A classic British Treacle tart flavoured with Belgian Lotus biscuits, served with salted butter scotch ice cream. It’s gooey, scrumptious & indulgent!!! The crunchy, caramelised and Lotus stuffed crumbs and ganache tasted insanely good. Our sweet little hearts were jumping with joy. Another delectable creation of Chef which is devilishly delicious and highly recommended❣
- Saffron Jalebi, Mascarpone Rabdi – When your meal ends up to a Blissful Treat. Crisp miniature Saffron Jalebi’s accompanied with Mascarpone Rabdi dangling from a metal tree inspired from Cherry blossoms. The jalebi’s were beautifully presented and were crispy on the outside and soft inside and went perfectly with the cold mascarpone rabdi. Delightful is in every bite!!
Chef Pradeep is excited to continue offering a delectable serving to diners who appreciate something new every time. They keep on adding some new delectable dishes to the menu after every 3 months. He enjoys the freedom of expression that cooking brings to him and is working hard to leave a mark in the culinary world. He recently secured the title of ‘Top chef of the year award for Excellence in North Indian cuisine’ in 2014.
Ambiance: Jodhpur successfully creates a perfect harmony between its modern Indian cuisine offering and the luxurious yet understated restaurant decor. The decor is simple yet magnificent similar like the Rajasthan’s palace with comforting shades of turquoise blue and gold royal interiors. The ambiance is calm and spacious with elegant settings. The restaurant offers outdoor poolside seating as well, during the summer months they are limited to the indoor seating only.
The 100-seater restaurant brings its visitors ‘back to the roots’ cooking, with all its exquisite and favorite flavors. Open for lunch from 11am to 3pm and dinner during the hours of 7pm to midnight, Jodhpur is set to weave an indelible dining experience for its customers with its retro-innovative concept.
Much thanks to Chef Pradeep and to his entire team for an amazing culinary experience. We will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu. We highly recommend this restaurant and would rate this place 4.9/5
Article by DXBMuncher
If you like this, you may also be interested in this