Disclaimer: If you’re not the biggest fan of pumpkin, then you should probably stop reading right now and not come back to this blog until springtime rolls around, because I’m going to be bombarding y’all with tons and tons of pumpkin recipes this season. If you’re not the biggest fan of fall in general, then I’m sorry… we can’t be friends.
I am waay too excited for today’s recipe. Last Tuesday, I was dying to try and make some pumpkin-inspired snack after drooling at Lindsay’s pumpkin granola. I’d picked up some popcorn kernels from Trader Joe’s the other day, and the idea of making pumpkin popcorn popped into my head! Pun intended, of course 🙂
Oh my goodness, y’all. Are you seeing these?? ARE YOU SEEING THESE?
How to make pumpkin popcorn:
This simple treat is packed with everything anyone would love about fall: pumpkin butter, pumpkin spice, and pure pumpkin. So basically all pumpkin… surprised?
Do you just like seeing the recipe? Do you love the vid? Let me know!
- 6-8 cups popcorn (just plain popcorn, no butter/other flavorings added)
- 2 tbsp date caramel
- 2 tbsp pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin butter
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (opt.)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Spread popcorn on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, as evenly as possible.
- In a small bowl, stir together caramel, pumpkin puree, pumpkin butter, pumpkin spice, and salt. Spoon over popcorn, then toss together with your hands until popcorn is completely covered in the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over top, and toss again.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until crispy. Make sure to keep an eye on them and don’t let them burn!
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!