Modern Moroccan Vibe
A modern take on the traditional Moroccan style.
I have taken a more neutral approach so that this look is easily integrated into most styles of home interiors.
Rich decadence and ambient lighting with comfy rich fabrics set the mood.
Please note that this post contains some affiliate links, meaning if you purchase through my site I receive a small commission. Purchasing through my site is of no extra cost to you and I only promote products from reputable sites.
11 12 &13
14 15 16 17
I have always had a liking for the Moroccan style interiors with the beautiful decorative patterns and plush fabrics like rich velvet and ornate tapestry. I love the attention to detail and the gorgeous lantern style lighting.
There is definitely something magical and exotic about the whole theme and its very intimate so creates a warm ambience and a cosy feel. I wanted to do something a little different to bring in some more glamour and a contemporary look.
I decided to try a modern take on the traditional Moroccan design, without going away from all the key elements. These are some items I happened to stumble across online. It is a more mellow and muted version of the usually vibrant colourful style. I think going with the neutral based colours it would be easily matched with most style of house/interiors without being too overboard. I think you can afford to go with all the rich vibrant colours if you already have a colourful scheme such as bohemian or indeed Moroccan but for the sake of giving everyone the option to go with a Moroccan vibe at home, I have compiled my fave neutrals with a few of those gorgeous colour pops.
There are so many fab finds on the internet, it was hard to narrow it down but I have chosen my best picks and all are listed below.
9. Gold photophore from Zara Home
10. 40 x 40 cm blue patterned tassle cushion from Zara Home
13. Moroccan patterned blue and gold cushion cover from Amazon $4.50
15. Designers Guild crushed velvet purple patterned cushion cover (bargain!) – Amazon $32
16. Moroccan grey rug from Amazon – prices vary
17. Eonshine velvet bolster cushion from Amazon $26.99
19. Moroccan patterned cushion
20. Moroccan ceramic base lamp
21. Moroccan mosaic chandelier lantern hanging tiers Amazon $79.99
22. Flameless tea light holders Amazon $17.97
23. Glass photophore EUR 3.99 Maisons du Monde
I hope you like the selection I have chosen and if you would like to know anything more about the items or require any assistance in finding the right product for your chosen scheme, don’t hesitate to ask! I would be more than happy to help. I am off to try out some Moroccan cuisine, yum yum! Chat soon x
If you like this article, you may also be interested in this