Mouthwatering Spicy Chicken Wings
The Best Spicy Chicken Wings You Will Love by Emma and Rose
These baked chicken wings are so super easy to make. You can prep them ahead of time then pop them in the oven before the party begins. And, oh boy, when they come out of the oven, these baked wings are so amazingly crispy and just the right amount of gooey all at the same time.
If you’re hosting a big gathering, make sure to double the recipe, because everyone will be begging for seconds! And don’t forget the napkins.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
The Best Spicy Chicken Wings You Will Love
Wings and football go hand in hand. Rock your next game day party when you serve the best spicy chicken wings recipe for the football season.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Author: Emma and Rose
- 4 lbs. split chicken wings cut in half at joint, wing tips removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. ground pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic minced (or 1 tbsp. garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional for spicy)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. ghee (or 1/2 stick unsalted melted butter if not Whole30/Paleo)
- barbecue sauce, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with lemon juice. Add the pepper, garlic, onion powder, and salt. Crush the thyme with your hands and add it to the wings. Then add the cayenne and melted ghee.
- Stir the chicken to mix, making sure to get sauce on each wing. Arrange the wings in one layer on the baking sheet, spreading them out as evenly as possible.
- Bake 20 minutes then flip the wings. Cook another 10 minutes or until the wings are browned and cooked through.
- Serve on a large platter with celery, carrot sticks, and your favorite dipping sauce.
If you like this, you may also be interested in this